GM Diet Vegetarian Recipes:
The standard GM Diet implies the consumption of meat after the 4th day and that may be not an option for many of you. Thankfully, there is a solution that will help vegetarians to keep going all the 7 days of this amazing diet. One of the most remarkable things concerning this vegetarian variation is that the weight loss process might actually be more effective thanks to the consumption of meatless foods.
While the original diet was allowing you to eat beef, this time we have to change the meat with something with approximately the same nutritional value that can help you restore the needed amounts of iron and protein in your body.
What are the substitutes for beef in the Vegetarian diet?
Brown rice is the best substitute for this diet that will help you get the carbohydrates, proteins and iron needed after the cleansing period.
Another great replacement for meat is cottage cheese, but some of you might be vegans and this might not be an option.
Here are some great vegetarian recipes that can be taken instead of beef, and having approximately same nutritional value as that of beef, restoring the needed amounts of iron and protein in your body.
Easy to make American Quinoa Shrimps Recipe:
Quinoa is one of the most protein rich foods containing all the nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber that helps with digestion and reduces high blood pressure and cholesterol. It is packed with minerals like iron, magnesium, manganese, and vitamins like lysine and Riboflavin (B2) that helps in improvising metabolism. Let us take a look at the nutritional facts of quinoa.
Enjoy the delicious taste of seafood with this healthy quinoa recipe that is prepared from a combination of fresh and colorful veggies and shrimps.
- Quinoa- 1 cup
- Medium Sized Shrimps- 1 Pound Peeled and Deveined
- Chicken Broth- 1 Cup
- Olive Oil- 2 Tablespoons
- Garlic- 2 Teaspoon minced
- Ginger- 1 Teaspoon Minced
- Onion-1 Chopped
- Red Bell Pepper- 1 Diced
- Button Mushrooms- 1/2 Cup Chopped
- Lemon Juice- 1 Tablespoon
- Salt- To Taste
- Black Pepper- 1 Teaspoon
- Boil the chicken broth in a pot and add quinoa to it, simmer until all the liquid is absorbed and quinoa turns soft and fluffy, remove from flame and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add garlic, onions, bell pepper and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes,
- Now add the shrimps, sprinkle some salt and black pepper and fry till the shrimps turn pink
- Now add the lemon juice and quinoa and cook the entire mixture for a minute and serve hot.
Enjoy these simple yet mouth watering recipes and bask in the awesome goodness of quinoa and don’t forget to share your quinoa recipes with us.
Broken Wheat Upma Recipe:
This healthy breakfast recipe is rich in fiber content as the main ingredient here is wheat. Try out this low fat recipe and start burning your calories in a healthy and tasty way.
- Broken Wheat- ½ cup
- Mustard Seeds- ¼ tsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chillies- 2 tsp
- Chopped Onions-1/2 cup
- Grated Ginger- ½ tsp
- Green Peas- ¼ cup
- Chopped Carrots- ¼ cup
- Chopped Coriander- 2 tbsp
- Oil- 2tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly.
- Parboil the broken wheat in 2 cups of hot water for about 3- 4 minutes. Drain it and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add mustard seeds to it.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chilies, sauté it on medium flame for a few seconds.
- Now, add onions and ginger, mix well and sauté on medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add, chopped carrots and green peas, mix well and sauté on medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine broken wheat, salt and 1¼ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Before opening the lid, allow the steam to evaporate.
- Garnish it with finely chopped coriander and is ready to serve hot.
Lemon Oats Recipe:
Bring variation to the same old oats porridge with this spicy and healthy Indian oats recipe that’s not only easy to make but great to taste as well. The peanuts and fried grams add extra crunch to the dish. This dish contains the all essential spice-Turmeric that is highly beneficial for health.
- Oats- ½ Cup
- Lemon Juice- 1 ½ Table Spoon
- Turmeric Power- 1/8 Table Spoon
- Water- 1 Cup
- Salt- To Taste
- Oil- 2 Table Spoon
- Urad Daal (Black Grams)- ½ Table Spoon
- Chana Daal (Bengal Grams)- ½ Table Spoon
- Mustard Seeds- ½ Table Spoon
- Peanuts- 1 Table Spoon
- Green Chilly- 2 Slit
- Curry Leaves- Few
- Asafetida (Hing)- A Pinch
- Soak the Bengal Gram for 20 minutes.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the oats for a minute and keep aside.
- Now add oil to pan and add the tempering ingredients except the peanuts.
- Now add the Bengal Gram and turmeric and fry well till it the gram turns light brown.
- Now add the peanuts and fry for a minute.
- Next add water and salt and bring it to boil.
- Now add the oats and spread evenly while stirring continuously.
- Let it cook for 2 ½ minutes. Now remove from flame sprinkle the lemon juice and serve hot.
Healthy Porridge Recipe:
A healthy porridge is suggested for breakfast and this adds nutritional value to your diet in a much comfortable way.
- Jowar- ½ cup
- Mixed Vegetables (Chopped) – 1 cup
- Mustard Seeds- ½ tsp
- Pinch of Asafetida
- Chopped Tomatoes- 2tbsp
- Chopped Onions- 2 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander- 2tbsp
- Low Fat Curd- 1 cup
- Oil- 1tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Initially grind the jowar to a coarse powder using a blender.
- Combine the grinded jowar and salt with 3 cups of water and pressure cook till it is cooked (probably 3-4 whistles).
- Take a non- stick pan and heat the oil and add asafetida and mustard seeds to the oil.
- When seeds crackle, add vegetable and sauté for about 4- 5 minutes.
- Add the jowar mixture along with 11/2 cups of water and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Top the cooked dish with coriander, tomato, onions and serve hot with curd.
GM Diet Wonder Soup:
Soup and GM Diet go hand in hand. GM Diet famous for its quick weight loss plan of about 10 pounds in a week owes much of its effects to the wonder soup that is a big part of the diet plan. The wonder soup can be eaten in unlimited quantities and on any day of the General Motors Diet.
The recipe is pretty straight forward and very easy to make.
- Green Peppers
- Start off with the onions and green pepper. Cut up the onions and green pepper and lightly sauté it with a few drops of olive oil till they turn a light brown.
- Next up is the celery, tomatoes and cabbage. Chop them up and add everything to a large pot with water.
- Bring it to a boil and slow cook it till everything is tender. You probably need to cook this for close to 60 min. Add salt and pepper for seasoning
That’s pretty much there is to it. The wonder soup can be eaten in unlimited quantities and is a real delight to eat. Anytime you find yourself hungry on any day of the GM Diet, the wonder soup is the way to go. Make sufficient quantities each day so that when hunger pangs hit you, you have something you can quickly warm up and eat.
2. GM Diet Non Vegetarian Recipes:
The common misconception about the General Motors diet is that the GM diet is only about eating a lot of fruits and vegetables. This puts off a lot of people that love a good non vegetarian dish in their daily meal routine. Chicken and GM Diet can work if you know exactly what to do. There are many folks that are averse to beef as part of their diet and since beef is a big component in the GM Diet plan, it can be a put off for many people. Well, do not despair; chicken can be a handy substitute. In our series of chicken recipes, you will find tasty recipes that are easy to cook not to mention tasty that work well with the General Motors diet. Just remember to use chicken only on day 5 and day 6 and to not use the skin of the chicken when cooking.
This is how the general motors’ diet for non vegetarians is planned out:
- Day one of the diet allows you to eat all fruits except bananas. There is also no limit on the quantity or types of fruits that can be consumed on the first day. Consumption of melons is strongly advised, especially watermelons, so that your chances of losing more weight on the first day itself increase.
- On day two of this diet you are permitted to eat all vegetables irrespective of whether they are raw or cooked. In order to get complex carbohydrates, you have to start your day with breakfast comprising of a big potato with or without some butter.
- On day three you are supposed to have a combination of fruits and vegetables of your choice in no particular quantity. Bananas and potatoes however are not allowed on the third day.
- On day four you are supposed to eat only 8 bananas and drink 3 glasses of milk. This can also be combined with a limited quantity of vegetable soup.
- On day five you can eat beef, chicken or fish combined with tomatoes. On the fifth day your water consumption should also increase so as to flush out the uric acid your body has been producing.
- On day six you can have unlimited quantities of chicken, beef or fish along with vegetables.
Finally on day seven, you can eat brown rice, vegetables and fruit juices.
This diet guarantees a weight loss of at least 10 pounds after seven days and can be used repeatedly without any health complications.
GM Diet Non-Veg recipes include various recipes such as:
Chicken Salad Recipe:
Can’t decide what to do with leftover chicken? Turn it in to this light and healthy salad in just a few minutes. The vegetables in the salad make up for the much needed nutrients while lemon juice and honey gives it a sweet and tangy taste.
- Cooked or Leftover Chicken- ½ Cup Diced
- Celery- 1 Chopped
- Onion- 1 Finely Chopped
- Red Bell Pepper- ½ Diced
- Lettuce-1 Leaf Chopped
- Mayonnaise- 1 Table Spoon
- Honey- ½ Table Spoon
- Lemon juice- 1 Table Spoon
- Salt and Pepper- To Taste
- Mix cooked chicken cubes, celery, onion, bell pepper and lettuce in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the seasoning ingredients in a separate bowl. Maintain proper balance in the seasoning, it should not be too sweet or too acidic.
- Now add the salad ingredients to the seasoning and stir to mix evenly.
- Adjust salt and pepper according to taste.
Chicken Kebab Recipe:
The Non-veg diet is similar to the Vegetarian diet except the foods that you eat on Day 5 and Day 6 will be replaced with the non-veg foods like Chicken, meat or eggs.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ kg chicken breast, quartered
- 2 yellow bell peppers, quartered
- 2 green bell peppers, quartered
- 2 onions, cut into halves
- 2 red tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Skew chicken pieces together with bell peppers, onions and tomatoes on barbecue sticks.
- Rub with olive oil, salt and pepper below grilling on open fire. Cook until chicken pieces become white and tender.
- Serve with cucumber garnish.
Grilled Chicken Kebab Recipe:
First of all, make sure you bring home 500gms of skinless chicken for your diet. Since the skin contains more fat, we ignore it while on the General Motors diet.
- Olive Oil: 1 tablespoon
- skinless Chicken (cut into round pieces): 1/4 kg (serves 1 meal: lunch or dinner)
- Yellow Bell Peppers: 2
- Green Bell Peppers: 2
- Onions: 2 (cut into halves)
- Tomatoes: 2
- Salt & Pepper as required.
- Take the chicken pieces and skew them together on barbecue sticks with all the ingredients including Bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
- Next, rub them with Olive oil, salt and pepper on all the sides.
- Place them on a grill or oven and cook them until all the pieces become tender. In case you don’t have a Microwave, you can simply put them on an open fire (stove) and fry them.
- That’s all! Your Chicken Kebabs are ready to be served. Garnish them with Cucumber while serving.
GM Diet Chicken Soup Recipe:
The original or traditional version of the General Motors diet suggests having beef as part of the diet. However, not many Indians would like to eat Beef and so the experts have made a few modifications to the GM Diet plan by replacing Chicken with Beef in the Indian version of the diet.
Non-vegetarian foods are allowed on the day 5 and day 6 of the diet. So, if you’re not interested in eating the roasted chicken, then prepare this healthy Chicken soup recipe instead.
- Skinless Chicken – 500gms
- Chopped Tomatoes – 200gms
- Celery – 1 Stalk
- Onion – 1 Medium
- Crushed Garlic – 1 Clove
- Sliced Carrot – 1 Medium
- Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt, Pepper and mixed herbs to add some taste to the soup.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Olive oil in a pan and then fry the Onion, garlic, carrot until tender.
- Next, add the chicken pieces and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and other spices as required. Pour enough water to boil.
- Let the soup boil for 30 minutes in SIM mode.
This Chicken soup recipe is very straight forward and will taste good. If the hunger pangs hit you, then this non-vegetarian soup is your best buddy, but remember that you should have this soup only on Day 5 and Day 6 of the General motors’ diet at Lunch and Dinner time.
Grilled Beef Slices (can be replace by chicken):
Of course, Yes! Not many people will like the red meat although they’re non-vegetarians. So, those people can eat either Chicken or ground turkey instead of beef. But ensure that it should be skinless as skin contains a lot of fat. If you’re a vegetarian, then you can replace the beef with Paneer (Indian cheese).
- Beef Tenderloin Strips: 1 cup
- Lemon Zest: 1
- Salt and Pepper: As needed
- Take the meat and season it completely with lemon zest, salt, pepper and coriander.
- Put it aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Now, place these seasons’ strips on a hot grill and cook it until golden brown.
- That’s it! Take the slices out and serve them with sliced tomatoes.
3. GM Diet Indian Recipes:
The GM diet is really popular in India because the people of this country are really into vegetarian food choices and they like to keep healthy all the time.
Many women choose this diet as their favorite because it helps them shed weight really fast so they can keep an ongoing steady mostly vegan regime and not get overweight.
Some people say it is even more efficient than the normal diet but a little more harsh for the inexperienced ones.
Mixed Sprouts and corn Recipe:
Mixed Sprouts and Corn work really well together and ends up as a tasty and filling dish that can be eaten by folks that love Indian food and at the same time are trying to lose weight. This recipe also works well if you are on the GM Diet.
- 1 cup mixed sprouts of your choice (chick peas, moong dal, kidney beans)
- 1/2 cup of boiled corn
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger paste
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves(cilantro)
- 1 tbsp fresh grated coconut (optional)
- Cook the sprouts in the water till tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the boiled corn and mix it well.
- Keep this aside. Now for dressing mix ginger, salt, pepper powder, honey and lemon juice.
Before serving mix the corn, sprouts mixture and the dressing. Garnish with coriander leaves and coconut.
Moong Dhal and Channa Dhal Kosambari Recipe:
GM diet is at first popular in India mainly because of its vegetarian flavors. However, the General Motors diet has been modified according to the needs of people from different regions of the world. It was then they included the meat (beef) as the source of protein. However, a lot of Indians either eat Chicken or are completely vegetarian. So, the westernized GM Diet won’t appeal them much.
- ¼ cup Channa Dhal & ¼ cup Yellow Split Moong Dhal (both these should be soaked for 3 hours and then drained) 2 medium sized carrots (grated)
- 1 medium size cucumber (peel the outside layer and chop it into small pieces)
- 1 table spoon of coriander (chopped small)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 green chili peppers (also chopped)
- ½ teaspoon ginger (grated)
- For seasoning – Salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above in a bowl and then add salt, pepper to taste.
- Keep it in a refrigerator and have it whenever you’re hungry.
Moong Dal sprouts with Ripe fruit Recipe:
Another really delicious recipe for Indians that you can use to shed those pounds when you are on your GM Diet. For fruit you have a variety of options from mango, apple, pineapple, grapes, raisins, strawberries, cherries, cantaloupe and pears. This recipe can easily serves 2 people.
- 1 ripe fruit – peel, cut into small pieces, about a cup
- Moong Sprouts – one cup (raw)
- 1 cucumber – peel and cut into small pieces, about a cup
- 2 small green chillies (Finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- First tackle the sprouts, then soak the moong dal overnight.
- Next morning, drain the water from the dal take the muslin cloth and dip it into the water and pour the dal in the cloth and cover loosely.
- Keep that aside. Within a day or two you will see the growth.
- Rinse the dhal (instead of cloth u can use the kitchen paper towel)
- Next, in a big bowl add ripe fruit, moong dal sprouts, chopped cucumber, green chillies, cilantro and salt.
- Mix it well. That’s pretty much it. The dish is ready to be served. Enjoy!!
Carrot Kosambari Recipe:
Quick and easy to prepare, Carrot Kosambari can be a life saver when you are dieting, especially if it is a diet like the GM Diet. Making carrot kosambari is really simple.
- 3 carrots (Grated)
- 4 green chillies (Finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tsp fresh desiccated coconut(optional)
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 1 finely chopped onion(optional)
- 1 finely chopped Tomato(optional)
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl take grated carrots.
- To this add green chillies, coconut and cilantro.
- Add salt to taste and squeeze out a lemon.
- Mix everything and serve.